Recovery isn’t about obtaining a perfect life. There are a lot of misconceptions about what healing from a disordered relationship with food and body is and what it’s like to conquer this struggle. This episode is a Q & A style with questions from Jessi’s clients and listeners. Jessi discusses what life is actually like on the other side of a disordered relationship with food and body. She also shares a few of her current insecurities that she is working through and relinquishes the expectation that life will be “perfect” on the other side of an eating disorder.
In this episode:
- Questions from Jessi’s clients and listeners
- Recovery during the pressure of summer
- The reality that nobody is scrutinizing your body as much as you are
- Taking action despite fear and placing focus on how you make others feel
- What the recovery journey actually looks like
- Getting clear on the different phases of recovery
- Learning the tools for changing self-sabotaging behaviors
- Training a new way of thinking in your brain
- Celebrating the little moments in your recovery journey
- Changing what weight gain means to you
- What life is like on the other side of an eating disorder
- Recognizing that she is far more than her body and her reflection in the mirror
- Relinquishing the expectation that life is not perfect on the other side of struggles
- The current insecurities that Jessi is working through
- Jessi’s desire for developing deep lasting connections and friends
- Relying on her husband for support
Join me for The Food Freedom Breakthrough Masterclass. This class is for those who know they want to improve their relationship with food and their body, but are afraid of spiraling out-of-control and want a proven, step-by-step system to go from feeling crazy around food to normal again!
You can either live your life at war with your mind or learn to work in sync with it. If you’re ready to work in sync with your mind and evolve your life, welcome to The Dear Body Podcast! Our mission is to help driven women have an easy and effortless relationship with food and unshakeable self-confidence in their own body. Make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode & learn more about us here!