One of the best things to know about your struggle to healing your relationship with food is this: you DON’T have to go it alone. Today Jessi is joined by two FFM alums, Joyce and Brenda. At the start of their journey, the two were total strangers but after joining the program, they became accountability partners and instantly clicked. In this episode, they chat about how the FFM has changed their lives and what it’s taught them about themselves. You’ll hear how they’ve changed their relationship with food, how their friendship has evolved (the two even met each other in person for the first time last year), and their advice for others who are struggling with their relationship with food and body. Brenda even decided to start her own podcast called the RAWing Twenties Podcast which launches February 3rd so make sure you check it out!
In this episode:
- Joyce and Brenda’s experience with food and body before finding the FFM
- How Brenda found FFM through Instagram hashtags
- What prompted her to finally reach out to Jessi and join the FFM
- How Joyce stumbled upon the FFM
- Deciding to invest in the program and what this did for her
- Their experience with joining the community
- How Brenda and Joyce got to know each other through the group and became accountability partners
- What the FFM has taught them about themselves
- How healing is a byproduct of connection
- The process of their relationships with food changing during the program
- Learning to release rules around food
- What’s happened with them as a result of regaining so much mental capacity
- How Brenda’s career goals have shifted as a result of the FFM
- How their friendship has grown since meeting through the program
- Exploring the NYC food scene together without pressure
- Deciding to make the first move in your journey to healing
- Their advice for those who are struggling with food and body
- Why the community is such an important aspect of healing from food and body struggles
Join me for The Food Freedom Breakthrough Masterclass. This class is for those who know they want to improve their relationship with food and their body, but are afraid of spiraling out-of-control and want a proven, step-by-step system to go from feeling crazy around food to normal again!
You can either live your life at war with your mind or learn to work in sync with it. If you’re ready to work in sync with your mind and evolve your life, welcome to The Dear Body Podcast! Our mission is to help driven women have an easy and effortless relationship with food and unshakeable self-confidence in their own body. Make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode & learn more about us here!