Whether you’re headed to a 4th of July party or a holiday gathering with your family, there’s no doubt that there will be food involved in the festivities. This episode of the podcast is about being able to navigate through those difficult social situations without binging. Jessi shares why you should avoid the last summer mentality and how you can use the build a plate strategy in social settings to make sure you are satisfied with your food choices. She also discusses putting your energy into the social gathering and the reason you came together rather than focusing that attention on eating.
In this episode:
- Anxiety for social situations when you struggle in your relationship with food
- Making excuses to get out of social situations
- Why Jessi thought willpower would help her overcome food in social settings
- Rewiring your brain to no longer feel the impulse to binge
- Prepping your mind for success before the social event
- Mindsets that will set you up for failure
- Avoiding the last supper mentality
- Going with the mindset of “I’m going to enjoy this”
- Build a plate strategy
- Have a good sized meal rather than grazing all night
- Using the build a plate strategy for dessert
- Focus your energy and attention on the reason you came rather than the guilt of eating
- Fully enjoy your food while you are eating
Join me for The Food Freedom Breakthrough Masterclass. This class is for those who know they want to improve their relationship with food and their body, but are afraid of spiraling out-of-control and want a proven, step-by-step system to go from feeling crazy around food to normal again!
You can either live your life at war with your mind or learn to work in sync with it. If you’re ready to work in sync with your mind and evolve your life, welcome to The Dear Body Podcast! Our mission is to help driven women have an easy and effortless relationship with food and unshakeable self-confidence in their own body. Make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode & learn more about us here!