Confidence comes in all shapes and sizes. No matter where you are in your journey to food freedom and self-love, you can start to build your own confidence. Today Jessi had the pleasure of talking to her good friend Ariel about embodying confidence whether or not you fit the “ideal body image”. They chat about how Ariel got into fitness and ended up opening her own gym, how to navigate the pressures of gym intimidation and learning to be thankful for your body. They break through the myths that skinny equals healthy and overweight means unhealthy.
In this episode:
- Ariel’s story of finding confidence in her body
- Realizing that her self-worth came from herself and not anyone else
- Healing this struggle within yourself before having children
- How Ariel got into fitness and ended up opening a gym
- Dealing with gym intimidation
- Learning to be thankful for her body
- Navigating the pressures of the “ideal body image”
- Eliminating the myths that being skinny equals healthy and being overweight equals unhealthy
- Disassociating health and worth with your body size
- Recognizing what you do like about yourself before looking at what you want to change
- How confidence translates to people in intimate relationships
- Learning to fake it until you make it
- Why you shouldn’t dim your light to let others’ lights shine brighter
- Ariel’s biggest piece of advice for those in bodies similar to hers
- How your insecurities affect other people
- Auditing your social circles and protecting yourself from triggers
Join me for The Food Freedom Breakthrough Masterclass. This class is for those who know they want to improve their relationship with food and their body, but are afraid of spiraling out-of-control and want a proven, step-by-step system to go from feeling crazy around food to normal again!
You can either live your life at war with your mind or learn to work in sync with it. If you’re ready to work in sync with your mind and evolve your life, welcome to The Dear Body Podcast! Our mission is to help driven women have an easy and effortless relationship with food and unshakeable self-confidence in their own body. Make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode & learn more about us here!