The guest on today’s episode has a remarkable story to share, after over 54 years of struggling with a disordered relationship with food and her body, she has finally conquered binge eating. Julie is an FFM client who opens up about her story and how her struggles with food and her body image began. Julie and Jessi chat about retraining how your brain thinks about food and stair-stepping your way to healing. They dive into how the FFM community has impacted Julie’s healing process, why you need to create boundaries with those around you and her advice for someone who is considering taking the steps to heal their relationship with food and their body.
In this episode:
- How Julie stumbled upon Jessi and the FFM
- The importance of reaching out for help
- Julie’s relationship with food and body over the course of her life
- Not realizing how broken she was and how flawed her relationship with food was
- Becoming secretive about her food choices
- Feeling judged by her family and the impact that their words had on her
- Creating boundaries with those around you
- Feeling unworthy and spending her life feeling like people were walking all over her
- Stair-stepping your way to healing and retraining the way your brain thinks about food
- Behavior changes that Julie noticed within the FFM
- What allowed Julie to start making these changes and how the community fueled her
- Engaging in passive forms of pleasure and how powerful this is in the healing process
- Julie’s advice for someone who might be considering the FFM and healing their relationship with food and body
Join me for The Food Freedom Breakthrough Masterclass. This class is for those who know they want to improve their relationship with food and their body, but are afraid of spiraling out-of-control and want a proven, step-by-step system to go from feeling crazy around food to normal again!
You can either live your life at war with your mind or learn to work in sync with it. If you’re ready to work in sync with your mind and evolve your life, welcome to The Dear Body Podcast! Our mission is to help driven women have an easy and effortless relationship with food and unshakeable self-confidence in their own body. Make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode & learn more about us here!