Trigger Warning: In this episode, we may cover topics related to eating disorders, suicide and other mental health challenges. While we do talk about issues relating to food and body, some episodes may be more emotionally challenging or difficult and may make you uncomfortable. If the podcast feels triggering in any way, please turn it off and get the appropriate help. Remember, I am not a doctor, but an eating recovery coach. Enjoy the episode!
The guest in this episode is pretty new on her journey to food freedom. After years of yo-yo dieting, binge eating and struggling with her food and body, Kellie was fed up with diet culture and everything that came with it. As a former keto influencer, she wanted to heal her relationship with food and her body and knew keto was no longer the answer. She and Jessi talk about how losing her friend to suicide spiraled her binge eating and struggles with food and body and the turning point where she found the FFM. They discuss her journey of navigating the urges since joining and how her accountability partner has helped her along the way. She opens up about what’s been the most challenging and exciting part of the healing process.
In this episode:
- How Kellie’s food and body struggles started and how she got started as a keto influencer
- Her journey of yo-yo dieting and how this led to binge eating
- How she learned about the keto diet from her CrossFit gym
- Being on the keto diet for 4 years and hiding how she was feeling on the inside
- She and Jessi talk about struggles with food & body and the turning point where she found the FFM
- How she learned to let go of diet culture
- Why the ups and downs are both worth it and necessary on your journey to food freedom
- Navigating the impulses over the past 8 weeks while shes been apart of the FFM
- How working with her accountability partner has helped her journey to recovery
- The most challenging and the most exciting parts of the healing process
- What has been helping her in her journey and how committing will help you get to where you dream to be
- Learning how to not use unhealthy coping mechanisms to numb out
- Figuring out how to feel your feelings and breathe into them
- Her advice for someone listening who is struggling with food and body
Join me for The Food Freedom Breakthrough Masterclass. This class is for those who know they want to improve their relationship with food and their body, but are afraid of spiraling out-of-control and want a proven, step-by-step system to go from feeling crazy around food to normal again!
You can either live your life at war with your mind or learn to work in sync with it. If you’re ready to work in sync with your mind and evolve your life, welcome to The Dear Body Podcast! Our mission is to help driven women have an easy and effortless relationship with food and unshakeable self-confidence in their own body. Make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode & learn more about us here!